#HouseOfCards

Lawyers Claim Alleged Victim in Kevin Spacey Assault Case Allowed Groping for Several Minutes

Audio recording of a court hearing obtained by the Boston Globe gives details as to how Kevin Spacey's lawyers are planning to defend him against claims that he sexually assaulted an 18-year-old in Nantucket, Massachusets back in 2016.

The alleged victim is the son of former Boston news anchor Heather Unruh, who publicly came forward last year and accused the Oscar winner of groping her son at the Club Car bar in Nantucket.

Spacey's lawyers tried to rush his arraignment by saying he was on the island and could've made his initial court appearance on Thursday, December 20th. Nantucket District Court officials said there was no judge available for arraignment that day. Now he's due to be arraigned on a felony count of indecent assault and battery on January 7th. 

The audio transcript included Spacey's lawyers arguments that Unruh's son did not report the incident that night or the next day. The lawyers said he wasn't even interviewed in person until a year later.

His lawyers also said the alleged victim told cops he was the one who approached Spacey in the bar, where they eventually exchanged phone numbers. They also claimed he lied about his age, saying he was 23, when he actually was 18.

The lawyers disclosed Unruh told cops he drank between 8 and 10 drinks, both beer and whiskey, in a little over an hour and was so drunk he may have blacked out.

His lawyer's big point in all of this revolves around Unruh's son allegedly telling investigators that The Usual Suspects actor groped him for around 3 minutes and claiming he didn't move away from him or tell him to stop. Attorney Alan Jackson told the judge, "That's an incredibly long time to have a strange man's hands in your pants, correct?"

The alleged victim claimed that he couldn't move away because the bar was packed. Spacey's lawyers also claimed that the Snapchat video that the alleged victim sent to his girlfriend while it was happening didn't include groping, just someone's hands touching another person's shirt.

Spacey released a bizarre video a couple of days ago right before the Christmas holiday, where he played the role of his former character Frank Underwood on House of Cards and urged people to not rush to judgment.

h/t: Boston Globe

Kevin Spacey Shares Bizarre Video "You Wouldn't Rush To Judgements Without Facts, Would You?"

Kevin Spacey briefly returned to his House of Cards role of “Frank Underwood” in a video posted to his YouTube channel that has lots of folks scratching their heads.

The actor, who was fired from the hit Netflix series amid several allegations of sexual misconduct, speaks to the camera in the same style utilized by ‘Frank’ with language that could apply both to his character’s sudden death and his own personal legal challenges.

According to The Boston Globe, Spacey is scheduled to be arraigned on January 7 in Nantucket regarding a criminal complaint of indecent assault and battery that allegedly happened in July 2016.

A link to the video was tweeted out by Spacey (his first tweet in a year) minutes after the Globe’s story was published.

In the video, titled “Let Me Be Frank,” the 59-year-old begins by staring at the viewer saying, “Oh, I know what you want.”

“Oh sure, they may have tried to separate us, but what we have is too strong, too powerful,” he continues.

Referencing his “deepest, darkest secrets,” the Academy Award winner says, “I showed you exactly what people are capable of.”

He also says he knows what his audience wants - “You want me back.”

He then takes a turn sharing, “Of course, some believed everything and they’ve been waiting with bated breath to hear me confess it all.”

“They’re just dying to have me declare that everything said was ‘true’ and that I got what I deserved,” Spacey laments without directly mentioning the real-world allegations. “Wouldn’t that be easy, if it were all so simple?” 

“You wouldn’t believe the worst without evidence, would you?”

“You wouldn’t rush to judgements without facts, would you?”

“Despite all the poppycock, the animosity, the headlines, the impeachment without a trial, despite everything, despite even my own death, I feel surprisingly good,” Spacey says referencing Frank’s death. “And my confidence grows each day that soon enough you will know the full truth.”

Clearly, Spacey is attempting to offer his own House of Cards finale, but there’s a wink of the eye in his choice of words and timing of the video.

Interestingly, most commenters on the YouTube page rave saying the ‘scene’ is much better than the actual final season of House of Cards.

Watch the three-minute video below and let us know what you think in the comments section.

 

 

(h/t Boston Globe)

Robin Wright Breaks Silence On Sex Abuse Allegations Against Kevin Spacey

Robin Wright, star of the hit Netflix series House of Cards, publicly addressed the allegations of sexual assault against former co-star Kevin Spacey for the first time.

Speaking to Savannah Guthrie of The Today Show this morning, Wright said:

“Kevin and I knew each other between action and cut, and in between setups where we would giggle. I didn’t really, I didn’t know the man. I knew the incredible craftsman that he is."

 

In the wake of Spacey's dismissal from the show, it's been announced that the final season of House of Cards will focus on Wright's character of "Claire Underwood." 

Wright's statement comes as more allegations of 'inappropriate behavior' by Oscar winner Spacey continue to pile up.  Three more men have come forward accusing Spacey of sexual assault.

All three men say the assaults took place in the 1990s in England. Police in the UK are now investigating six different accusations of assault by the actor.

Concurrently, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office is looking into a 1992 accusation of sexual assault against Spacey.

It was in late October of 2017 that the Academy Award winner's career began to spin out from under him as Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp came forward during the surge of the #MeToo movement to accuse Spacey of making a sexual advance to him in the 1980s when Rapp was only 14-years-old.

Spacey responded by coming out via Twitter.

Almost immediately, an avalanche of other men came forward with their own reports of sexual impropriety. 

The 58-year-old actor was released from his starring role on House of Cards after several members of the cast and crew raised their own accusations.

Additionally, Spacey was also edited out of the movie All the Money in the World shortly before it’s release and replaced with Christopher Plummer, who would go on to be nominated for Golden Globe, BAFTA and Academy Awards for his work in the film.

According to reports, Spacey's agent and publicist have severed ties with the actor.