I was perusing through my Instagram one day when I came across the profile of a dude who just screamed the term “sexy” the minute I opened his page.
That man’s name is Kendrick Brown, who resides in an area directly between San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. He is sort of a Clark Kent with bigger muscles in that he has two completely separate jobs, one of which entails him being a personal trainer. Then again, with those arms, is it that shocking that this is his profession?
He is building his personal training resume by going above and beyond for every single client of his. Outside of his job, and from getting to know him, he is a phenomenal human being with a big heart that may look menacing at first but is a true softie with a smile that could light up an entire room.
Here are some facts about our Hottie of the Week:
- He was born and raised in Louisiana. He was one of the lucky survivors of Hurricane Katrina when it hit that area in 2005.
- Personal training, as mentioned before, is his passion. It’s something that has been doing for over 10 years and really enjoys it. He even considers himself a teacher in this field, preparing clients to be self-sufficient in the gym so that they don’t need him. He’s still there for them, of course.
- He’s a huge sports fan. This includes teams like the New Orleans Saints, LSU Tigers and Golden State Warriors just to name a few.
- His love of music spans genres that include hip-hop, pop, R&B and oldies. Jodeci is one of his favorite groups of all time.
- He’s an extremely positive person who radiates upbeat energy. This is someone who can find a bright spot in many situations.
Kendrick also provided some wonderful quotes about his upbringing and being a gay man when I chatted with him this week.
“I have been through many things in my life,” he said. “I was raised in deep south where being gay was the worst thing you could be besides being black, and I am both. I firmly believe God loves me because if he didn’t, I would not have made it through the things I have been through and I am a better man for it. I am a born leader who leads by example and treat everyone the way I would like to be treated. I owe that to my mom who raised me since I was 8 days old.”
He also talked about his sexuality, saying “I am a proud gay man. I am currently out to all my friends which for years I was too scared to be completely open to everyone. However, with the help of my current employer creating an environment that celebrates diversity and my circle of friends, I was able to have nothing but positive experiences as I came out to my close friends and loved ones. I am so proud of the hard work that everyone has done in the LGTBQ community because yes, we still have a long way to go but the change has begun."
"Being gay is no longer a Scarlet Letter, if anything is a proud badge to me. The world is changing for the better and I owe that to all the men and women who have marched and fought were proud to be who they were when it meant risking their lives, to them I am so thankful.”
Wanna know more about Kendrick? Check out his Instagram here.
This post was created by one of our Contributing Writers and does not reflect the opinion of Instinct Magazine or the other Contributing Writers when it comes to this subject.